Conventional wisdom doesn’t always translate into real world wisdom. The following list is just a start on scratching the surface of some conventional thinking that might need rethinking:
1) Common sense isn’t all that common!
4) Less quite often is more!
5) Meetings are mostly a waste of time. Do your best to avoid them (especially those without agendas!)
7) More hours do not necessarily mean more productivity and quite often mean the opposite
8) Being busy and being effective is not always the same thing
9) “I don’t have time” is a great excuse for those that can’t prioritise the priorities and make time for what’s really important in life (family, friends, loved ones, ambitions, having fun, making the most of life etc)
11) Doing something for yourself isn’t necessarily selfish
12) Doing something for someone else isn’t necessarily selfless
14) There are no limits and boards don’t hit back! Well, I’m not about to argue with Bruce!