“It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential” – Bruce Lee
What is Frictionless Living all about?
We all encounter friction in our lives. Things that get in the way of what we’d really rather be doing with our time. Things that we wish we could simplify, reduce or get rid of completely.
Who Am I?
My name is Carl Phillips.
After a period of reflection several years ago I realised I was accumulating more in my life.
More things that didn’t matter.
More commitments I wasn’t really passionate about keeping.
So, I started to take some action. That action has meant:
- I have made good on long term threats to write and have set up this blog and authored an expanding list of books
- I have realised I value freedom and flexibility over the ability to just earn more and seek out ways of living accordingly.
- I have set up my own micro-business.
- I have accumulated less material possessions but enjoyed more (travel and holidays, events, life experiences).
- I have embraced aspects of simplicity, 80/20 and other powerful concepts into my life
In short, the quality of my life has improved significantly.
I have concerned myself a whole lot less with the need to keep up. I march (or relax) to my own drum. I feel happier and I feel like I am on a path of my own setting.
It is my aim to create something on this site that will be of value to you in your own journeys.
I hope you enjoy looking around.
Credit where credit is due, the name of this site was inspired by a Leo Babauta post. Leo’s work has had a big impact on me and I’m sure it will on you if you check out his amazing Zen Habits site.